Awards & Grants
MOAHPERD is proud to recognize those in Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance whose contributions matter. If you wish to nominate someone for an award, send the name and address of that individual with the name of the award to the chair of Nomination/Awards committee (Taralyn Garner, Past President: chub102001@yahoo,com).
Individual Award List
- James Herauf Young Professional Award - Criteria
- MOAHPERD Outstanding Student Major Award - Criteria
- Dr. Robert Taylor Professional Service Honor Award - Criteria
- Helen Manley Award - Criteria
- Dr. Patricia McSwegin Student Research Award - Criteria
- Kathleen Kinderfather Award - Criteria
- MOAHPERD Scholar Award - Criteria
- Teacher of the Year - Criteria
- Exemplary Program Awards -.Applications are now open and will close on July 31, 2016. New applications will be judged on the updated criteria. - Criteria
- Jump Rope for Heart and Hoops for Heart Awards - Criteria
- Presidential Awards - Criteria
Call for Research Award Submissions
Call for Abstracts and Review System
The 2017 MoAHPERD Conference is now accepting student research abstracts submissions unti l 5:00 p.m. on Friday, September 22, 2017, to be considered for presentation at the Research Poster Sessions on Saturday, November 11 from 10:30-11:30 a.m. in the Valencia I and II rooms. Current research in health, physical education, recreation, dance, and related fields will be presented in a poster format by some of the brightest future professional scholars at Missouri colleges and universities. Please carefully review the following guidelines for abstract submissions:
1. Email 2 versions of the abstract to Kim Kato (Research Chair) at email@example.com
a. One version in a Rich Text File (.rtf) format which includes names of all authors, faculty sponsors(s), school affiliation, and standard research material for abstract
b. One version version in Rich Text File (.rtf) format with only the standard research material as this abstract will be used for a blind review process to determine the acceptance of the Abstract submission as well as winner of the 2017 Dr. Patricia McSwegin Research Award.
Standard Research Material for Abstract
a. Title of Research
c. Purpose Statement
d. Methods (e.g. - subjects, instrumentation, procedures, and statistical analysis)
Abstract length (limited to 2100 characters with spaces)
3. Please send any questions or correspondence to Dr. Kim Kato (Research Chair) at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Students will receive an email notification upon submission. as well as a follow-up email by Friday, October 20th regarding the Abstract Acceptance for presenting at the 2017 Research Poster Session.
5. Submission of an abstract for the MoAHPERD conference represents an agreement by you that if your abstract is accepted, you will register for the Convention and present your work at the annual meeting.
MOAHPERD may have funds available for the improvement of instruction in health, physical education, recreation, dance and related fields. Individual members of MOAHPERD, MOAHPERD districts, and divisions, can apply for funds to provide workshops, in-service training, clinics, and special programs. The funds cannot be used to attend workshops, clinics, classes, or interscholastic activities. The Executive Committee will review applications and a recommendation will be made to the Representative Assembly.
Grant Guidelines for Funding Professional Projects
- Feasibility – are other funds, resources, and facilities available to successfully complete the project?
- Is the project appropriate in terms of the mission of MOAHPERD?
- Will the project have lasting value as a contribution to the profession?
- Is the project consistent with MOAHPERD’s Applied Strategic Plan?
- Funds must be used directly for the project.
- Applicant(s) must have been a member of MOAHPERD for a least one year, prior to applying.
- Funds may not be used for salaries or travel other than for presenters.
- Funding will be valid only as long as the applicant is affiliated with MOAHPERD.
One half of the funds will be awarded upon approval of the application, the remaining half will be provided when a satisfactory final report is submitted, by the applicant(s), and approved by the Executive Committee.
A final written report using the approved MOAHPERD form must be filed with MOAHPERD within two weeks after the project is completed.
Applications must be sent to the Executive Director and received 30 days prior to the Spring Representative Assembly in February or 30 days prior to the Fall Convention in November.