Awards & Grants
MOAHPERD is proud to recognize those in Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance whose contributions matter. If you wish to nominate someone for an award, send the name and address of that individual with the name of the award to the chair of Nomination/Awards committee (Taralyn Garner, Past President: chub102001@yahoo,com).
Individual Award List
- MOAHPERD Young Professional Award - Criteria
- MOAHPERD Outstanding Student Major Award - Criteria
- Dr. Robert Taylor Professional Service Honor Award - Criteria
- Helen Manley Award - Criteria
- Dr. Patricia McSwegin Student Research Award - Criteria
- Kathleen Kinderfather Award - Criteria
- MOAHPERD Scholar Award - Criteria
- Teacher of the Year - Criteria
- Exemplary Program Awards -.Applications are now open and will close on July 31, 2016. New applications will be judged on the updated criteria. - Criteria
- Jump Rope for Heart and Hoops for Heart Awards - Criteria
- Presidential Awards - Criteria
MOAHPERD may have funds available for the improvement of instruction in health, physical education, recreation, dance and related fields. Individual members of MOAHPERD, MOAHPERD districts, and divisions, can apply for funds to provide workshops, in-service training, clinics, and special programs. The funds cannot be used to attend workshops, clinics, classes, or interscholastic activities. The Executive Committee will review applications and a recommendation will be made to the Representative Assembly.
Grant Guidelines for Funding Professional Projects
- Feasibility – are other funds, resources, and facilities available to successfully complete the project?
- Is the project appropriate in terms of the mission of MOAHPERD?
- Will the project have lasting value as a contribution to the profession?
- Is the project consistent with MOAHPERD’s Applied Strategic Plan?
- Funds must be used directly for the project.
- Applicant(s) must have been a member of MOAHPERD for a least one year, prior to applying.
- Funds may not be used for salaries or travel other than for presenters.
- Funding will be valid only as long as the applicant is affiliated with MOAHPERD.
One half of the funds will be awarded upon approval of the application, the remaining half will be provided when a satisfactory final report is submitted, by the applicant(s), and approved by the Executive Committee.
A final written report using the approved MOAHPERD form must be filed with MOAHPERD within two weeks after the project is completed.
Applications must be sent to the Executive Director and received 30 days prior to the Spring Representative Assembly in February or 30 days prior to the Fall Convention in November.